Head Coach - Tasman Magic Swim Academy (CLM)
Tasman Magic Swim Academy based at Richmond Aquatic Centre, Richmond, Nelson is seeking an experienced Head Swim Coach to lead and develop our existing Age Group swimming programme across a range of ages and abilities from our Junior squads through to our Youth squad some of which are NZ representatives. Our ideal applicant is an individual whom is an exceptional coach who is passionate about swimming, is self-motivated; works well with others and has excellent communication skills.
The competitive swimming programme is an extension of our very successful SwimMagic Learn to Swim programme and swimmers are encouraged to move from that programme to the Competitive programme. This programme currently has 80 swimmers participating. The Head Swim Coach will have a sound technical understanding of all four swimming strokes. They will be responsible for leading the daily swim and gym sessions to prepare our athletes to successfully target regional, national and international competitions, and lead daily swim training sessions. The Head Swim Coach will be required to lead, manage and mentor an existing Assistant Coach. The position is full time permanent salaried with a minimum of 30 hours per week, including but not limited to planning, poolside coaching, dry land and gym, administration, communication and personal and staff development. Remuneration will be based on qualifications and/or experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Initiate, develop and maintain positive relationships with participants and parents;
· Deliver swim programmes that are relevant for the squad’s ability, provide feedback to individual swimmers, and be passionate about delivering to each swimmer’s abilities;
· Record swimmers’ skills progressions and times for set distances using the Team Manager Computer programme, as appropriate, to demonstrate each swimmers’ development and improvements;
· Work alongside SwimMagic Swim School, Tasman Leisure Ltd, to create a strategic plan detailing growth, direction, marketing and performance.
· The Head Swim Coach will be required to attend swim meets in weekends and holidays. All costs including a per diem are covered.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ working Visa and equivalent Swimming Qualifications at NZ Bronze level or above.
If you have the skills for this position and would like to join our amazing team please send your CV with covering letter to Annalies at email@example.com using REF: Tasman-HeadCoach
Applications close 16 September 2018