Swim Coach - Otumoetai Swimming Club
Hours: Fitness 9 Hrs Junior Competitive 15 Hrs
Remuneration: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
The Otumoetai Swimming Club is looking for a Swim Coach or coaches to assist, guide and lead several squads in our Junior and Recreational programs that cater for of varying age groups through their training schedules and competitions. Ideally the candidate will be an ex-swimmer who has trained and competed in a competitive environment. The successful candidate will be responsible to the Head Coach and the OSC Committee. They will, in association with the Head Coach, create and implement detailed programs for both training and achieving goals and will supervise, monitor and assess performance on an on-going basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with one of New Zealand’s top swim coaches in a proven provincial club producing top Age Group and Junior Medalists.
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum qualification in “Teacher of Competitive Swimming” or equivalent
- First Aid Certificate
- Minimum 1 year of competitive squad coaching
- Experience as a competitive swimmer would be an advantage
- Knowledge of competitive swimming procedures a must
- Familiarity with national swim databases such as Swimming NZ, Team Manager, Meet Manager and Meet Mobile.
- Must be eligible able to work in New Zealand and have a current work permit/visa
The successful applicant will be responsible for delivering comprehensive programs to develop Junior and Youth age swimmers to a national level. He/She will be self-motivated, passionate and dedicated to swimming and focused on achieving the goals of their swimmers.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Tania on firstname.lastname@example.org.