Northern Arena/Coast Swim Club Age Group Coach
Coast Swim Club is a fast growing swim club based in Silverdale, Auckland, within the Northern Arena facility and infrastructure. With expansion from 70 to over 250 in 3 years, and a swim school underneath with over 4500 swimmers providing a seamless progression to club swimming, Northern Arena/Coast Swim Club is looking to recruit an Age Group level (NAGS) coach to aid in the continuing growth and development of the club.
The committed coach will be required to work independently, while also working with the Northern Arena management team, Head Coach and other squad coaches to ensure that Coast Swim Club continues to be one of the top clubs in New Zealand. To succeed in this role you will have a deep understanding and passion for swimming, with experience in planning, developing and executing seasonal plans to best engage, motivate, develop and retain your athletes. An understanding of sports science and gym programming would be an advantage in this role. Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to develop successful relationships with external stakeholders, regional and club bodies, your fellow coaches, the Northern Arena team and the athletes themselves.
Early mornings and weekend work is required, and domestic travel is occasionally required.
- minimum qualification - Bronze Licence
- NZSCTA or ASCTA membership
- proven successful experience coaching swimmers at a NAGS level
- an understanding of seasonal planning and a swimming cycle
- the ability to write sessions, while having the creativity to adapt during the session itself
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- effective and fluent use of English language
- the ability to work with the Coast Head Swim Coach
- the ability to work with the Northern Arena Management team
- experience of strength and conditioning training with swim teams
- an understanding of learn to swim progressions and beginner swimming
Commencement date: mid-February or sooner by negotiation
This is a full time salaried position.
Applications including CV and referees contact details to : Northern Arena HR Department, email@example.com
Closing date: 18 December 2017