Aquatics Manager - Horowhenua District Council - Horowhenua - Manawatu
Location: Levin Horowhenua.
Job Listing closes on 11 April.
Our Aquatics facilities are an indispensable service to our community and now you can be part of our exciting future! We now are accepting expressions of interest from qualified applicants in this very important role.
As our Aquatics Manager you will lead efficient operations of all Aquatics services within the Horowhenua. You’ll be leading, managing and empowering a team of Aquatics Supervisors and staff in delivering exceptional aquatics facilities to our community.
This is a key role that drives the delivery of the Aquatics business plan, projects and programmes of work. This role requires an excellent communicator with a proactive approach, someone comfortable building solid relationships and dealing with staff management and decision making as they are with the aspects of day to day Aquatics operations management.
If you’re accustomed to interruptions and quick to prioritise challenges as they appear, then you’re in the right place. As a Manager you’ll be in constant demand. You’ll need to be versatile, patient and systematic in your approach to executing business plans, building stakeholder relations and managing ongoing projects while keeping policies, processes and systems consistently on form.
A consummate multi-tasker with outstanding time management skills, you’ll thrive in our performance-based environment. You’ll be mentoring and supporting a department of three direct and 30+indirect staff to deliver high levels of customer, people, operational and product excellence. You’ll need to supervise, cooperate and collaborate with the members in your team to achieve their goals as a unit.
Reporting to the Community Wellbeing Manager, you will also plan, monitor and control the financial management of the Aquatics in line with budgetary requirements and service agreements. You’ll be ensuring all the services and activities are delivered in a fiscally responsible way and in line with agreed business plans.
It is essential that you have:
• Three years’ management experience in the aquatics and/or recreation sector
• Proven experience working with communities, clubs and recreation providers to deliver positive outcomes for the community
• Operations and facility management experience, including quality assurance and systems control
• Experience in financial planning and management for decision making and reporting is essential
• Experience in programming and/or marketing of facilities
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead a team effectively and foster an effective culture of high performance
• Occasional ability to work outside of normal office hours
If you’re looking for a job with variety, challenge and the opportunity to use your experience and knowledge to benefit the Horowhenua Community, please apply today by clicking here.